Sunday 28 April 2013

A Case of the Giggles


This video is one of the coolest things I’ve seen in a while. The basic gist of it is that rats are actually capable of laughing when they’re tickled! How awesome is that? If you watch the video, you’ll also know that it sounds incredibly adorable when lowered to a pitch we can hear. I feel like it makes the connection between humans and rats that much closer. I mean, if we can react to tickling in the same way and enjoy similar interactions, then who’s to say how many other undiscovered mutual interests our two species share?

That being said, when I tried tickling them, my boys did not react like the rats in the video. Instead, they got huffy and ran away. I can’t blame them, though, since I do the exact same thing. Like owner, like rat, I guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment